This evening, after returning from Resolved:2011, I finished reading C.J. Mahaney’s Cross-Centered Life. I don’t think I’ve ever read a book with so much content packed into 88 all-too-brief pages. Simply incredible. There are plenty of take-aways from this little read, but the one that sticks with me the most is as follows:
“A cross-centered life is made up of cross-centered days.”
I’ve also found myself recently enjoying the music of Josh Garrels. Able to meld profoundly biblically-informed lyrics with loops and melodies that bid the listener to soar, Josh creates a beautiful fusion of ancient and inventive. Here’s his latest. And it’s incredible:
In mashing the two together, here are a few takeaways from The Cross-Centered Life and White Owl:
- You will live and dream for something.
- That dream won’t be like an event, but like a continual thread.
- Your dream will impel you.
- Your dream will nourish you.
- Your dream will embolden you – even to death.
- The One who bids you to venture out will catch you at the end.
- Faithfulness and courage are what matter.